- Introduced supported mentoring to Europe in early 1980s
- Co-founded European Mentoring & Coaching Council (now Special Ambassador for the EMCC)
- Visiting professor, Sheffield Hallam & Oxford Brookes Universities; external examiner, Ashridge coaching MBA
- Leads a global network of mentoring experts and trainers, Coaching and Mentoring International
- Author of 54 books (including one book of comic children’s stories)
- Latest book, The Talent Wave questions HR practice in talent management and succession planning
- One of “HR’s most influential”
- Serial entrepreneur
- Reputation for asking “massively difficult questions” that oblige people and organisations to think
- Takes on a major learning challenge every year
- Founder of international consultancy, Clutterbuck Associates, specialising in mentoring programme design
- Works with learning and socially disabled children and adults to promote social inclusion
- Runs an organisation called ‘the professional mentor’ which supports executives and coaches with the education and development required to make that transition into a professional mentoring role.
- Loves being a granddad!
Although overall spend on training and development has in many organisations been capped or declined during the recession, coaching and mentoring appear to have at least held their own and actually become a more critical part of the L&D offering …
The immediate aftermath of a merger poses a number of major challenges. While many of these challenges relate to integration of systems and structures, the people challenges are often the most difficult and long lasting. In particular: Ensuring that senior …